Wednesday, February 4, 2015

WoW Insider is Dead. Long Live Blizzard Watch

It's probably somewhat telling that when I first found out that WoW Insider was closing its virtual doors, it was through a blog that wasn't WoW Insider itself. Over the years, I'd lost interest in most of its posts - opinion pieces, Know Your Lore, and The Archivist were pretty much the only articles I regularly read from that site, and even then usually quite a while after their publication.

Thus, it came as something of a surprise to realize how sad I was to see it go.

And a significant relief to find out that the former WoW Insider staff aren't dispersing into the wind, but rather sticking together to create the new Blizzard Watch site. I'm genuinely excited to see where they'll take the new blog, especially if they embrace their new identity and expand to regular coverage of other Blizzard titles. I get the feeling I'm going to be reading a lot more of their columns from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment