- Blessing of Kings – this spell is now a base ability trainable by all paladins.
- Exorcism – this spell now causes damage to all types of enemy targets. However, it always critical strikes undead or demon targets. This change should make sure paladin damage doesn’t drop when going from Naxxramas to later tiers of content.
- Shield of the Templar now causes your Avenger’s Shield and Shield of the Righteousness [sic] to silence targets for 3 sec. The old damage bonus of this talent has been folded into Holy Shield, Avenger’s Shield, and Shield of the Righteousness [sic].
- Ardent Defender, Improved Hammer of Justice, One-Handed Weapon Specialization and more have had their ranks reduced.
- Guarded by the Light – no longer reduces the mana cost of shield spells, but now has a 50/100% chance to refresh Divine Plea duration.
- Judgements of the Just – now also reduces the cooldown of Hammer of Justice by 10/20 seconds and increases the duration of the Seal of Justice stun effect by 0.5/1 second.
My thoughts on the changes:
- Hooray for a baseline Blessing of Kings! It's about time! I wonder if Improved Blessing of Kings will remain a talent, though.
- The Exorcism change makes Glyph of Exorcism very, very nice for PvP as well as a lot of PvE encounters. I wonder if the bonus to Exorcism in the Purifying Power talent will be adjusted.
- Does the Guarded by the Light change mean what I think it does—essentially 100% Divine Plea uptime for Protection Paladins?
- I'm guessing there are changes to Improved Hammer of Justice that haven't been announced. I don't see how they can reduce its ranks and give the exact same cooldown-decreasing effect to Judgements of the Just as well.
- I can't wait to see the rest of the changes. =)