Thursday, November 17, 2011

Well, That Sucks

I wish this post could be about how my raid group took down Ragnaros and now we're good and ready to see the Dragon Soul raid of patch 4.3. Unfortunately, we didn't. We managed to get into phase 3 again, but things just didn't pan out.

As it stands, I'm not sure what the plans our for my raid group and Firelands once patch 4.3 finally launches. It's possible that we'll bring back a second day per week for raiding old content, but I get the feeling that the other members of the raid are ready to move on and not look back.

I think the most frustrating thing about this situation is that I am probably the reason why we didn't manage to defeat Ragnaros, since I'm the one who was bringing up changes in strategy and other tactical adjustments over the course of the night. Maybe if we'd just stuck with the same plan and tried to slowly and steadily push further into the fight, we'd have been better off. All I know is that unless Blizzard decides to hold off on releasing patch 4.3 until several weeks after Thanksgiving, we've pretty much officially failed at taking down the end boss of current content while that content was still relevant, and that's something that irks me endlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment